Customized cybersecurity services for banking and financial professionals
Financial institutions are experiencing a threat landscape that has more than doubled in activity since 2021.
Now more than ever, banks are pressured to adopt modern technologies while maintaining security in an interconnected world.
As a bank, getting nervous about embracing new technology is easy. Here are some statistics to prove it:
Percent of financial service professionals believe their organization isn’t properly equipped against a data breach
Percent of US bankers expect increased cyber threats in 2022
Percentage of community bankers say cybersecurity risks have a level of importance that’s more than double other operational risks
Percentage of banking institutes said they were victims or saw an increase in application attacks in 2022
8 of 10
What you need to know about IoT and banking
Those in the financial industry are part of an exciting evolution of smart devices. The latest technology provides some unique opportunities and challenges for those in financial services, namely when it comes to IoT (the Internet of Things).
These IoT devices can provide a more significant customer experience, processing data, automating systems, and offering conveniences like one-touch payments. But, with this easier access comes a unique set of challenges.
Enhanced, AI-driven security is necessary for these devices with limited human intervention. These smart devices represent a unique security risk, which is something that banks cannot ignore.
CyberSalus knows of these challenges, which is why our expertise in the cybersecurity industry is built to handle their unique needs. Using cutting-edge cybersecurity solutions, financial institutions and their customers can rest easy knowing CyberSalus is there protecting them.
Our mission is to safeguard the future of the financial industry by providing innovative cybersecurity solutions and services
We envision building a future where bank customers have confidence in the security of their personal financial information so banking professionals can focus on exceptional customer service, and the banking industry can thrive in an interconnected world.
The core values that drive CyberSalus in everything we do
A partner to banking and financial service organizations
Collaborative and proactive approach for threat detection and vulnerability management
Innovative solutions that strive to reduce the threat surface
The highest transparency, accountability, and compliance standards
Exceeding expectations in all aspects of our work
CyberSalus is a company with deep domain expertise in cybersecurity for banking workflows, IT and IoT devices, application attack protection, and an overall cybersecurity approach for the unique needs of the banking and financial services industry. We bring value-based outcomes to our customers by delivering workable solutions backed by a team of experts in cybersecurity, Lean Operations, and Six Sigma Process excellence.
Through continuous innovation, we provide customized services that help reduce the risk faced in the banking industry. We understand banks’ unique challenge, emphasizing the importance of establishing proven security frameworks behind the scenes and through customer-facing interactions.
Our hybrid approach establishes robust solutions that help you comply with the latest banking regulations. CyberSalus works for you so you can stay focused on your most important asset: the customer.
- A deep understanding of the unique needs and challenges of the banking industry environment
- Understands the unique risks of ATMs, IT, OT, IoT, and banking security frameworks
- The prevention-based approach in developing security solutions for customer-facing applications and online portals
- Knowledge of the necessity of back-end security related to the banking industry
CyberSalus is committed to providing state-of-the-art cybersecurity solutions. We leverage the proven NIST framework, global key certifications, Six Sigma, and Lean processes to provide solutions to businesses in need. We reduce financial professionals’ risk by continuously innovating and adapting to the evolving threat landscape. With our relentless pursuit of cybersecurity excellence, we are determined to turn our vision into a reality.
CyberSalus' state-of-the-art cybersecurity solutions for financial organizations
Click on the circular image to view a large visual representation of CyberSalus’ comprehensive framework of holistic protection solutions. For expanded information, we’ve outlined our solutions in greater detail below. If you would like to contact CyberSalus about how these solutions can be tailored to your unique circumstances at your organization, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today.
Banking Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
All of our services come with a complete banking risk assessment. This helps us understand your business thoroughly, offering appropriate solutions that best meet your needs. CyberSalus provides this comprehensive assessment to help identify threat actors, vulnerabilities, sensitive information risks, and the necessary steps to fix these issues.
- Leveraging proven security protocols to determine cyber risk
- Review of governance policies and existing frameworks to establish prevention-focused security frameworks
- Prioritization through plan vulnerability management phases with annual checks on risk posture
- Helps financial institutions comply with regulations during information security audits
Banking Application Attack Prevention
Banking applications are necessary for financial institutions to meet customer needs. CyberSalus works to secure these customer-facing environments from threats and other risks. We leverage the latest cybersecurity innovations to find the right solution that maintains the security of your essential, customer-facing operations.
- Proven systems that prevent exposing your customer’s personally identifiable information (PII)
- Stable procedures that limit the downtime of customer-facing applications and banking systems
- Real-time protection extended across front- to back-end services, improving your defense proactively
24/7/365 Monitoring, Surveillance, & Threat Detection via Security Operations Center
Our security operations center (SOC) offers continuous monitoring and threat detection. CyberSalus watches and responds for you, preventing the need to “put out fires.” Your customers can sleep soundly knowing that a world-class team of experts is preventing potential attacks.
- 24/7/365 eyes-on-glass threat detection, surveillance, and monitoring
- Staff comprised of personnel with banking cybersecurity expertise
- Supplements existing IT staff
AI & Zero Trust Protection
CyberSalus leverages AI and Zero-Trust Protection Systems to ensure your systems can identify and prevent malware and suspicious entities as early as possible. Increasingly complex AI-driven attacks can be prevented by leveraging advanced technology, such as behavior-based detection systems. Through zero-trust protection, bad actors are stopped by robust authentication and verification systems, enabling the enterprise to identify threats effectively.
- AI-driven security systems to help prevent increasingly sophisticated malware attacks
- Zero-trust systems that require continuous validation of workers from local or remote access locations
- Zero trust policy enforcement for IT and IoT devices
- Machine learning IoT solution that leverages the latest in AI algorithms
Program Management & Customer Success
Each CyberSalus client receives a robust customer-facing program customized to the enterprise’s unique needs. Project managers, trained in Six Sigma and Lean methodologies, execute and deliver on plans so they integrate seamlessly with your business. These managers oversee deliverables to ensure the resolution and execution of risk management procedures.
- Regular business reviews are held with leadership on updates and progress.
- Metrics related to security results and customer success are provided via the customer dashboard
- Walkthrough of Customer Success Dashboard, Risk Score information, and program status
Vulnerability & Risk Management Systems
CyberSalus works with your financial institution to provide systems for vulnerability management. This detailed process works to educate, integrate, and implement changes to reduce risks and limit vulnerabilities. We use over 45 risk identifiers, developing a prioritization plan for each customer based on those threats.
- Prioritization and planning of risk management system customized for each client.
- A complete device profile is to be placed into a target list to identify the highest-risk potential
- Data-driven approach focused on customer safety and organizational challenges
IT & IoT Device Management
CyberSalus takes a complete, vendor-neutral approach to managing IT and IoT devices. We manage your existing asset inventory and incoming devices to ensure they securely integrate with your network. By taking these steps, we prevent security vulnerabilities of IoT devices before they become a problem.
- Efficient SOC management through Security Orchestration Automation and Response systems (SOAR)
- Systems for new device discovery and asset inventory, enabling real-time security solutions in response to identified network devices
- Leveraging a financial institution’s existing tech stacks to meet the enterprise’s security needs
Six Sigma & Lean Operations Expertise
Backed by Lean and Six Sigma certifications, CyberSalus establishes rigorous, stable, and cost-efficient processes to implement security for your financial business. You’ll see improvements to your security infrastructure through measurable and trackable results, leading to an efficient approach that benefits your security and financial institution. CyberSalus understands the importance of maintaining efficient and functional business operations while implementing the latest security procedures.
- Assigning project managers trained in leveraging Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to execute plans efficiently
- Certifications and expertise allow us to solve complex organizational problems for your business
- Lean organization training helps us apply security measures in a way that emphasizes customer value with a zero-waste approach
On-Site Breach Support and Reconciliation
CyberSalus provides on-site remediation execution and breach support via trained engineers. This provides immediate and actionable solutions that prevent the loss of essential data, limit threat actors from leveraging network gaps, and ensure remediation with activity data taken from the incident. This breach support ensures you remain compliant with the latest banking regulations, locking down banking systems to prevent stolen data.
- Support from a trained on-site CyberSalus engineer
- Discovery and investigation of managing vulnerabilities by extending the CyberSalus SOC
- CyberSalus handles all training, retention, management, and guidance for on-site support
- We collaborate with on-site IT teams, handling the deeper concerns of remediation execution
The CyberSalus leadership team is comprised of some of the most gifted minds in cybersecurity
Here are some commonly asked questions that might be of interest to you
CyberSalus differentiates itself from other providers by providing a unique combination of skills, including expertise in the financial services industry. Our deep experience in these fields helps us secure financial institutions from customer-facing applications to back-end operations while maintaining an organizational focus that keeps these systems operational. With CyberSalus, you can be sure that your mobile application, online portals, on-site ATMs, and other IoT devices are kept safe.
The most significant challenges of cybersecurity in the financial industry include the increasing frequency of attacks, increased exposure from banking IoT devices, and the continued vulnerabilities of customer-facing portals, including online banking applications. Banking continues to be the number one target for various forms of cyber threats, which can take multiple forms that include malware, insider threats, and AI. Financial institutions must address the increasingly complex environment of financial cybersecurity with proactive solutions and leveraging the suitable risk-based approach for practical resolutions.
Stolen credentials, application vulnerabilities, malware, and social engineering can cause data breaches in financial institutions. Firm cybersecurity guidelines, state-of-the-art security systems, and best-in-class processes are necessary to prevent data breaches caused by harmful software and social manipulation.
The average cost of data breaches for financial institutions in the United States is $6 million. Cyberattacks on US banking institutions totaled $18.3 billion in 2022. Ransomware attacks are some of the most harmful, costing nearly $1.2 billion paid to scammers in 2022.
CyberSalus works to establish proven security measures that make it incredibly difficult for insider threats to steal information. This starts with zero-trust verification systems requiring all who access sensitive data to verify their identity. From there, we work with your business to develop solutions to track the business’s better needs behind data access, considering a risk-based cyber threat approach.
Ready for CyberSalus?
Contact us today to find out how our financial cybersecurity experts can help you. Together, we can revolutionize the banking cybersecurity industry.